Israel’s government has declared the return of displaced Israelis to their homes in the north an objective of the war it has been waging against Hamas in Gaza and Hezbollah in Lebanon since last October. The new goal is a setback to US and European efforts to halt the near daily exchanges of fire between Hezbollah and the Israeli military. The Iran-backed group began its attacks on October 8 in support of its ally Hamas, and has vowed to continue until Israel halts its war in Gaza. Efforts to mediate a ceasefire in Gaza have failed so far, with the US saying it planned to table another proposal shortly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Major Saudi refinery, Kurdish and Israeli oil, gas fields shut amid Mideast strikes

Saudi Arabia shut its biggest domestic oil refinery on Monday after a…

Trash war escalates as North Korea sends more junk balloons to S. Korea

North Korea has sent more trash-filled balloons southward, Seoul’s military has said,…

Justin Bieber performs in Saudi Arabia, despite calls for cancellation

According to TMZ, Justin Bieber performed in Saudi Arabia over the weekend…

Joe Biden said that the people of Afghanistan should decide their future

President of America, Joe Biden defended his decision to withdraw US army…