Israeli strikes on Gaza have killed at least 50 Palestinians before landmark negotiations in Paris to pause the devastating war in the besieged enclave. The latest strikes are part of an apparent Israeli decision to escalate its offensive to pressure Hamas before the much-anticipated talks, sources reported. In Tel Aviv on Thursday, Israeli officials informed White House co-ordinator for the Middle East and North Africa Brett McGurk that the mandate of the Israeli negotiating team had been “expanded”, the sources said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Afghanistan green signals work on TAPI gas pipeline

Afghanistan said on Thursday that work would begin on a $10 billion…

Myanmar military, minority armed group agree ceasefire: China 

The Myanmar military and the Myanmar National Democratic Alliance Army (MNDAA) signed…

Kurdish militants kill 3 Turkish soldiers

Istanbul: On Dec 9, the Turkish Defence Ministry stated that three Turkish…

UN lays groundwork for Gaza aid surge in case of ceasefire but still sees challenges

The UN on Wednesday said it was preparing to expand humanitarian assistance…