Anger in Indian-occupied Kashmir escalated on Monday over sweeping detentions in the hunt for the gunmen who carried out a deadly Pahalgam attack last week. Gunmen killed 26 people on April 22, the worst attack on civilians in contested Muslim-majority Kashmir for a quarter of a century. The attack sparked a huge manhunt for the gunmen in Kashmir, with Indian security forces blowing up nine homes of suspected rebels, as well as detaining nearly 2,000 people for questioning, a senior police official told AFP. “Punish the guilty, show them no mercy, but don’t let innocent people become collateral damage,” Jammu and Kashmir’s Chief Minister Omar Abdullah said in a statement.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Pakistan condemns unwarranted attacks against Iran, calls for halt to escalation

Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Senator Ishaq Dar on Saturday received…

Security forces kill 10 terrorists to thwart attack on Bannu cantt

Pakistan security forces killed 10 terrorists who attacked Bannu Cantonment in Khyber…

PM Sharif directs for fool-proof security of Chinese nationals

Prime Minister (PM) Shehbaz Sharif on Friday directed all the security agencies…

Balochistan can never be separated from Pakistan: DG ISPR

Director General Inter-Services Public Relations (DG ISPR), Lieutenant General Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry,…