A senior Houthi leader said that he held British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and his government responsible for the sinking of the UK-owned Rubymar. Mohammed Ali Al Houthi, head of Yemen’s Houthi supreme revolutionary committee, also said on X: “Sunak has a chance to recover the Rubymar by allowing aid lorries into Gaza.” Yemen’s internationally recognized government said earlier on Saturday that the Rubymar, which was attacked by Houthi militants last month, had sunk in the Red Sea and warned of an “environmental catastrophe” from the ship’s cargo of fertilizer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Mosques in Germany receive offensive packages, racist threats

Packages containing racist threats and insults in Turkish and German, as well…

Blinken speaks to Turkish Foreign Minister

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken spoke with his Turkish counterpart Hakan…

UN decries killing, silencing of journalists in Gaza

UN rights experts have voiced alarm at soaring numbers of journalists killed…

Zelensky adviser resigns over Dnipro remarks

Ukrainian presidential adviser Oleksiy Arestovych has offered his resignation after suggesting a…