The UN’s Middle East envoy has said that more than 150 Palestinians and over 20 Israelis have been killed in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict so far this year, marking the highest number of fatalities in years. ”I am gravely concerned by the sharp increase in violence against civilians on both sides, which exacerbates mistrust and undermines a peaceful resolution to the conflict,” Tor Wennesland told the UN Security Council on Monday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Only 15 mobile homes entered Gaza amidst dire need for 60,000

The Gaza Government Media Office reported that there is a severe shortage…

NATO chief meets Trump to discuss security challenges

NATO chief Mark Rutte held talks with US President-elect Donald Trump in…

At least 365 Palestinians arrested in Jenin and Tulkarem: NGO

The Palestinian Prisoners’ Club has said the detentions were carried out during…

Trump suggests ‘fear’ could be key to diplomatic success in nuclear talks with Iran

US President Donald Trump has said Iran has been “difficult” in nuclear…