South Korea: It is reported that, the first call to police from Itaewon came at 18:34 local time – several hours before the deadly crush took place. “That alley is really dangerous right now people going up and down, so people can’t come down, but people keep coming up, it’s gonna be crushed. I barely made it to get out but it’s too crowded. I think you should control it,” the caller said to the South Korea’s 112 emergency number. Earlier on Tuesday, South Korea’s police chief said their emergency response was “inadequate”, the first acknowledgement from officials that they did not do enough to prevent it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Fireworks shop explosion kills 12 in China, second such case in days

An explosion at a fireworks shop in central China killed 12 people…

BBC documentary on PM Modi, blocked in India

Mumbai: On Sunday, India blocked the airing of a BBC documentary that…

Russia accuses US of masterminding Kremlin drone attack

Moscow on Thursday accused the US of masterminding a drone attack on…

Israeli army storms Kamal Adwan hospital

The Israeli army stormed Beit Lahia’s only remaining hospital, detaining “hundreds” of…