Rescue workers recovered two more bodies, including that of a child, from Karachi’s Gul Plaza on Monday, raising the death toll from the deadly inferno to 26. The rescue operation on the first floor of the building has been completed, fire brigade officials said, adding that teams have entered the second floor for further work. Deputy Inspector General (DIG) South Asad Raza said that six bodies had so far been identified, with identification of others only possible after DNA tests. He added that 69 have been reported missing so far.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Chinese weapons did ‘exceptionally well’ against India in May conflict: DG ISPR

Director-General (DG) Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Lieutenant General Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry praised…

Pakistan raises alarm over expansion of illegal Israeli settlements in West Bank 

Pakistan has voice concerns over the “systematic annexation” of the occupied West…

Pakistan’s JF-17C, C-130 win big in UK at RIAT 2025

Pakistan Air Force aircraft have won global awards at the world-renowned air…

Pakistan, Russia agree to expand cooperation in multiple sectors

Prime Minister (PM) Shehbaz Sharif and his Russian counterpart Mikhail Mishustin met…