German Foreign Minister Johann Wadephul said that the country is preparing to join a UK-led mission aimed at securing the Strait of Hormuz, Al Jazeera reported. Speaking to reporters, Wadephul clarified that he does not view the initiative as a Nato operation. He also said the planned US troop reduction had long been expected, referring to Washington’s announcement earlier this month that around 5,000 troops would be withdrawn from the country over the next 6–12 months.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Latvia’s Parliament elects Edgars Rinkevics as new president

Latvian lawmakers have selected the country’s long-serving and popular foreign minister, a…

Women, girls made up unusually high share of Gaza war deaths: UN

An average of at least 47 women and girls were killed each…

Merchant vessel reports two explosions west of Yemen’s Mocha

British security firm Ambrey said early on Friday that a merchant vessel…

Deadly explosion hits petrol station in County Donegal

It emerged that at least nine people had been killed in an…