The Palestinian death toll from Israel’s assault on the Gaza Strip has passed 55,000, the Gaza Health Ministry said. The ministry does not distinguish between civilians and combatants, but has said that women and children make up more than half of the dead. On Wednesday, it reported that 55,104 people have been killed and 127,394 wounded since the start of the war in October 2023. Many more are believed to be buried under the rubble or in areas that are inaccessible to local medics.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Israel must cease operations, end occupation of south Lebanon: UN Chief

UN chief Antonio Guterres has said that Israel’s military raids and occupation…

Iran’s new Supreme Leader to be selected within next 24 hours: Iranian Agency 

An Iranian Assembly of Experts member has suggested that a meeting to…

Türkiye, UAE sign free trade deal as ties improve

The oil-rich United Arab Emirates and Türkiye signed a free trade agreement…

Yemen says oil tanker hijacked off Shabwa coast, heads towards Somali waters 

Yemen’s coast guard said on Saturday that the oil tanker had been…