Negotiations in Cairo for a ceasefire in Gaza are “not leading” to a deal yet, a source told The National on Tuesday. The negotiations resumed on Monday, with mediators from Egypt, the US and Qatar presenting a slightly amended version of a previous proposal for a 70-day truce and the release of 10 hostages. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pledged to bring back all hostages, “living and dead”, and the US denied that Hamas had agreed to the ceasefire proposal on the table.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

US personnel injured in rocket attack on Iraq’s Ain Al Asad air base

Several US personnel were injured on Monday in what was believed to…

Musk calls Trump’s tax-cut and spending bill ‘a disgusting abomination’

Billionaire Elon Musk plunged on Tuesday into the congressional debate over President…

EU agrees to $2.1bn ammunition plan for Ukraine

A €2 billion ($2.1 billion) deal was agreed to by EU ministers…

UK draws on past plans to evacuate citizens from Lebanon, Israel

British citizens in Lebanon were told last week to “leave now” by…