The prime minister announced Tuesday that foreign visitors will not be welcomed back to Australia until at least next year, as he unveiled steps to relax some of the toughest and longest COVID-19 travel restrictions enforced by any country.

After meeting Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s criteria for reopening the country’s external borders, the country will prioritise the return of skilled migrants and students. On Tuesday, it is anticipated to reach that level.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Israel demolished 181 homes in East Jerusalem last year: Rights group

An Israeli rights group said Israel demolished a record number of Palestinian…

Israel’s far-right minister Smotrich refuses to back Trump’s Gaza truce plan

Israeli far-right Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich has said he opposed the Gaza…

Oil prices decrease after Israel-Gaza conflict

Oil prices fell for the third straight day on Thursday, erasing most…

Zelenskyy meets Biden, addresses Congress

Washington: Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy made his way to Washington on Wednesday…