United Nations officials warned that Eight million Yemenis lay on the verge of losing all humanitarian aid in March unless urgent funds would be delivered. The announcement was made amid an escalation in a long-running war that last month caused the highest toll in civilian casualties in at least three years. UN special envoy Hans Grundberg and UN humanitarian chief Martin Griffiths told the UN Security Council that January has seen nearly two-thirds of major UN aid programs being scaled back or closed, while war zones have increased.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Israel PM says ‘committed’ to Trump’s Gaza displacement plan

Netanyahu says he is “committed” to Trump’s plan for Gaza, which involves…

Israel far-right minister enters Al-Aqsa in ‘provocation’

Israel’s far-right national security minister, Itamar Ben-Gvir, entered the compound that houses…

Israel closes Karam Abu Salem crossing into Gaza: Report

Israeli forces closed the Karam Abu Salem crossing into Gaza on Wednesday…

PKR value rises, SBP governor appraises Ishaq Dar

Islamabad: The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) governor Jameel Ahmad has met…