The death toll from a landslide that struck in China’s rugged southwest rose to 43 on Thursday, state media said, leaving just one victim still missing under the debris. The landslide, which occurred in Yunnan province’s Zhenxiong county before dawn on Monday, buried 18 homes and sparked the evacuation of more than 200 people.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

UN proposes ‘mutually beneficial’ system to improve grain deal

The United Nations has proposed that Kyiv, Moscow and Ankara start preparatory…

UAE has intercepted more than 1,000 attacks: Foreign Affairs Ministry

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that the UAE had been subjected…

Order to reduce attendance in Govt. and Private offices by 50%

In response to the worsening smog crisis in numerous cities, the Lahore…

Israeli drones target ‘anyone moving’ at Red Crescent hospital

The Palestine Red Crescent Society said that its Al Amal Hospital in…