Burkina Faso’s military government has said it had foiled “several attempts to destabilise the country” led by a former high-ranking army official who previously seized power in the West African nation. “We were able to foil several attempts at destabilisation,” Security Minister Mahamadou Sana said in a statement read out on state television late on Monday. He said Lieutenant-Colonel Paul-Henri Sandaogo Damiba, who was ousted from power in 2022, had led the “military part of this plot”.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Trump ‘wants us to capitulate’ to Russia: Kyiv resident

When Trump offered a 28-point peace plan last week – and threatened…

Syria faces torture allegations at international court

Syria faces allegations at the UN top court that it maintains a…

Hezbollah bomb plot target was former defence minister: Israeli police

A Hezbollah bombing in Tel Aviv’s Yarkon Park last September was intended…