Gaza’s civil defence said its teams have recovered the bodies of 12 people killed in an Israeli strike on a school sheltering displaced people in Gaza city on Tuesday. The agency said that a number of people are still missing under the rubble of Mustafa Hafez school and teams were not able to recover them due to lack of equipment. The Israeli army said earlier in the day it conducted a “precise” strike on the school, claiming that a Hamas “command and control centre” was embedded there. Israel has made similar claims to justify strikes in the past including the attack on Al Tabaeen school, which killed more than 100 people on August 10.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

‘U.S.-Saudi ties under review’: Blinken

Doha: On November 22, Secretary of State Antony Blinken stated that the…

UN appoints co-ordinator to streamline humanitarian aid into Gaza

The UN appointed a co-ordinator to oversee humanitarian relief shipments into Gaza…

Sheikh Abdullah discusses humanitarian response in Gaza with UN’s Hadi

Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs,…

Taiwan will not be intimidated by China: President Tsai

Taipei: Amidst surging tensions between China and Taiwan, Tsai Ing-wen, Taiwan President,…