The head of the Arab League warned that an Israeli ground offensive into Gaza’s southernmost city of Rafah would lead to “a humanitarian disaster” and threaten stability in the region. “We are calling on all parties that understand the gravity of the situation to act immediately in order to stop these crazy plans,” Arab League Secretary General Ahmed Aboul Gheit said in a statement. “What is the meaning of justice and international organisations if they remain unable to enforce a ceasefire and to put an end to these daily gruesome massacres?” he added.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Unpacking US justification for Iran attacks

US President Donald Trump contradicts Secretary of State Marco Rubio’s rationale for…

31 premature babies evacuated from Al Shifa Hospital in Gaza

Thirty-one premature babies had been evacuated from Al Shifa Hospital in Gaza…

Israel army says begun new ´wide-scale´ strikes across Iran, in Beirut 

JERUSALEM: Israel’s military has said it had begun a new “wide-scale wave…

Israel orders civilians to leave areas of Gaza City

The Israeli army on Tuesday ordered civilians in some areas of Gaza…