London-based media outlet The New Arab announced the release of one of its Palestinian journalists from Israeli custody, alleging he faced torture during more than a month in detention. Diaa Al Kahlout, who was among dozens of Palestinians shown detained by Israeli troops and stripped to their underwear in north Gaza last month, was released back into the territory, the Qatari-owned outlet said. In a report on its website, Al Kahlout, 37, told The New Arab he had faced “indescribably tough and difficult” conditions after his arrest.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

US withdrawal from UNESCO not behaviour of ‘responsible country’: China

China said it regretted on Wednesday the United States’ decision to withdraw…

Palestinian security forces besiege Tulkarm hospital

Palestinian security forces have besieged the Thabet Thabet hospital in Tulkarm where…

India watchdog probing Adani fraud allegations

India’s markets regulator has confirmed that it is investigating allegations made by…

Top Saudi, Iranian diplomats to meet in China in bid to boost relations

The top envoys for Saudi Arabia and Iran will meet in Beijing,…