North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has called for his military to be ready to respond to any “provocation” by the enemy, state media said on Friday, after Pyongyang vowed to deploy stronger armed forces and new weapons along its border with the South. Tensions on the Korean peninsula have increased since the North last month launched a spy satellite, prompting Seoul to suspend a key clause in a 2018 inter-Korean military accord and Pyongyang in turn to declare it was no longer bound by the pact.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Afghanistan’s peace crucial for region: PM Imran Khan

PM Imran Khan addressing the Pakistan-Uzbekistan Business Forum said that peace in…

Hostage families briefly breach border with Gaza

Families of Israeli hostages held in Gaza briefly breached the border with…

Israel’s security cabinet begins meeting to vote on Gaza deal

Israel’s security cabinet began a meeting on Friday to discuss and vote…

Mubasher Lucman attends APPSA event

Mubasher Lucman, a senior journalist and anchorperson, was the Chief Guest at…