The US is continuing its efforts to achieve a ceasefire in Gaza and what happens next is in Hamas’s hands, the State Department said, as focus returns to the Palestinian territory after the war between Israel and Iran. “There is a deal on the table. Hamas must stop acting recklessly and accept it,” department spokeswoman Tammy Bruce told reporters, referring to a proposal put forward last month. The militant group regards the proposal as biased towards Israel and wants the Israeli military to withdraw from the Gaza Strip under a deal.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Netanyahu to undergo surgery

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will undergo surgery on Sunday for a…

France starts air drops on Gaza but it’s not enough: Macron

France has started to air-drop 40 tonnes of humanitarian aid to Gaza…

US, China defence chiefs meet in Cambodia

On Tuesday, US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin met his Chinese counterpart Wei…

China’s foreign minister warns US not to cross its ‘red line’

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi has told US Secretary of State Antony…