On Friday, Qatar’s foreign minister decried the “hypocrisy” of people calling for a boycott of the football World Cup to protest against alleged human rights. Minister of Foreign Affairs Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani told Le Monde stated: “it is frankly unfortunate. The reality is that the world is looking forward to this celebration. Over 97 percent of the tickets have been sold. Among the 10 countries that bought the most tickets, we find European countries like France,” Al Thani, who is also the deputy prime minister, said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Four-time Grand Slam champion Osaka announces pregnancy

Four-time Grand Slam champion Naomi Osaka has announced she is pregnant. The…

India’s Bumrah out of South Africa T20s

It emerged that India’s Jasprit Bumrah had been ruled out of the…

Rain threat looms over Pakistan-India T20 World Cup clash

According to the reports, the much-anticipated T20 World Cup clash between Pakistan…

GCC condemns Germany’s remarks on Qatar World Cup

On Sunday, the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) condemned remarks by Germany’s interior…