Islamabad: The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf on Monday changed the venue of its planned March 27 power show in Islamabad from D-Chowk to Parade Ground. The decision came hours after Islamabad Inspector General of Police (IGP) Qazi Jamilur Rehman told the Supreme Court that section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure. The Code of Criminal Procedure, already in force in the capital, had been broadened to include the Red Zone area. In a tweet, the PTI said that “the Parade Ground will be more suitable to accommodate the number of people that are expected to participate in the rally.” Earlier, PTI Senator Faisal Javed Khan, too, had tweeted that the D-Chowk would prove to be a “small venue” for what he described would be the “biggest rally in the history of Pakistan”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Sheikh Rasheed claims of being ‘unaware’ about TTP talks

ISLAMABAD: On Monday, Interior Minister, Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad stated that he was…

IHC rejects PTI chief’s plea to stop cipher case trail

Islamabad High Court (IHC) has rejected Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan’s…

Kuwait to hold parliamentary election: KUNA

Kuwait: On August 28, state news agency KUNA reported that Kuwait would…