A NATO official told Reuters that the alliance is prepared to respond to any threat and will “always do what is necessary to defend all allies”. The comments came in response to questions about a Financial Times report that Iran had allegedly considered attacking US military targets in Europe if US President Donald Trump escalated the war. “As demonstrated earlier this year when NATO air defences successfully intercepted ballistic missiles heading to Turkiye from Iran on four separate occasions, our deterrence and defence posture is strong and effective,” the official told Reuters.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

US says terror designation doesn’t bar talks with Syrian rebel group

The State Department said Monday it is not actively reviewing the “foreign…

US, Russia clash at UN over N. Korea, Patriot missiles in Ukraine

The United States accused Russia on Tuesday of firing at least nine…

Rubio says US hopeful after private talks with Iran officials 

US Secretary of State Marco Rubio on Monday voiced hope for working…

UN says no looting of aid lorries so far

There have been no reports of looting of aid convoys entering Gaza…