US President Joe Biden revealed the leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) had been “taken off the battlefield” following an overnight raid in Syria that also killed children and women. Biden ratified al-Qurayshi’s death and touted the operation in a brief speech. He blamed the civilian deaths on the ISIL leader, whom he said blew himself up in an “act of desperate cowardice” as US forces approached.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

PM phones Erdogan to convey condolences

Islamabad: Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Monday telephoned Turkish President Recep Tayyip…

Israeli hospitals in northern Israel told to prepare for ’emergency’ mode

The Director General of the Ministry of Health directed all hospitals in…

Zelenskyy, Chinese president hold phone call over war issues

Ukraine’s Volodymr Zelenskyy says he has had a “long and meaningful” phone…

Australian parliament censures former PM Morrison over secret ministries

Australia’s parliament on Wednesday voted to censure former Liberal prime minister Scott…