Israel’s top general says the army will not allow residents of northern Gaza to return to their homes until the area is completely cleared of militants. Lt Gen Herzi Halevi said that although many of the estimated 15,000 Hamas militants originally in northern Gaza had been killed or wounded, there are still rocket launches and attacks against Israeli troops. Gen Halevi says residents “will return there when it is safe to return and there are no more terror activities”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Rubio hosts Israeli, Lebanese envoys for first direct talks in decades 

US Secretary of State Marco Rubio hosted the Lebanese and Israeli ambassadors…

Israeli foreign minister says Gaza war could end if hostages are freed, Hamas lays down arms

Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Saar said on Sunday that the war in…

Trump chief of staff Susie Wiles says president ‘has an alcoholic’s personality’

White House Chief of Staff Susie Wiles has revealed internal tensions in…

US ready to help Pakistan against resurgent terror threats

Washington: Amid the rising terror incidents, the United States has offered its…