Attacks against international shipping in the Red Sea area were not acceptable, Arsenio Dominguez, head of the International Maritime Organisation told the UN Security Council. “Ships must be allowed to trade worldwide unhindered and in accordance with international law,” he added. He explained that since the beginning of November, several attacks had been launched against international vessels in the vital lane that usually carries about 15 percent of international shipping.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Türkiye quake: Erdogan accepts some problems with response

President Tayyip Erdogan on Wednesday admitted there were problems with his government’s…

England and Australia should only fear Pakistani team in Pakistan: Shaniera Akram

Shaniera Akram, the wife of former Pakistan cricket captain Wasim Akram, has…

Arab countries reject targeting of civilians, forced displacement, collective punishment

The foreign ministers of nine Arab countries issued a statement condemning and…

Ship and crew safe after incident south-west of Yemen’s Al Mokha: UKMTO

The United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) said on Sunday it had…