Kabul: On Tuesday, China’s ambassador announced trade and investment plans for Afghanistan after an earthquake drew attention to the humanitarian impacts of Western sanctions. At a rare press conference alongside the Taliban administration’s acting minister for disaster management, Ambassador Wang Yu announced $8 million in aid for relief from the June 22 earthquake that killed more than 1,000 people. “Besides emergency humanitarian aid, after the political changes last year and after the earthquake, we also have long-term economic reconstruction plans,” he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Jordan ‘intensifies moves’ to curb violence at Al Aqsa

The Foreign Ministry said that Jordan “intensified moves” to seek an end…

Aid appeal for Sudan short of $1.5 billion: UN

The UN said on Tuesday that its 2023 aid appeals for Sudan…

All means mobilised in Türkiye after powerful quakes: Erdogan

Türkiye has mobilised all of its institutions, personnel and resources for disaster-hit…

Famine in war-torn Sudan is spreading: Global hunger monitor

Famine in Sudan has expanded to five areas and will likely spread…