Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said on Tuesday that the Counter-Terrorism Department’s (CTD) compound in Bannu, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, was cleared after three days. He added that all the 33 terrorists who overpowered security guards were killed in an operation. In his briefing to the National Assembly, the federal minister said 10 to 15 soldiers had been injured and two martyred after the Pakistan Army’s Special Service Group (SSG) launched an operation earlier today.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

ECP asks parliamentarians to submit assets’ details by Dec 31

Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Thursday asked the Members of the…

Punjab Assembly session adjourned till Friday

Just a day before the Punjab Assembly was supposed to meet for…

Biden ‘concerned’ as China extends military drills

Taipei: On August 8, China announced new military drills around Taiwan, eliciting…

Assailants open fire on PTI’s sit-in in Faisalabad

Faisalabad: Unidentified assailants have opened fire at Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) sit-in in…