The United Arab Emirates (UAE) will not allow attacks on Iran to be launched from its territory, the foreign ministry said in a statement on Monday. Last week, President Donald Trump said a US “armada” was heading toward the Gulf and that Washington was watching Iran closely after the protests subsided in the country. The foreign ministry said in a statement it “has reaffirmed the United Arab Emirates’ commitment to not allowing its airspace, territory or waters to be used in any hostile military actions against Iran”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Hamas official says ‘ready’ for Gaza ceasefire and urges Trump to ‘pressure’ Israel

A senior Hamas official said on Friday that the group is “ready…

No withdrawal from Lebanon until disarming of Hezbollah begins: Israel

Israel said it will begin a phased withdrawal of its troops from…

Myanmar pro-military party claims early wins in junta-run election

Myanmar’s dominant pro-military party is “winning a majority” in the first phase…

“UN concern over Israeli attacks on Palestinian women, girls is proof of genocide”: Hamas

Hamas said that a UN statement calling for an investigation into alleged…