Nairobi: It emerged on Monday that the Rebellious Tigrayan forces combatting the central government are vacating the neighbouring regions in northern Ethiopia. This would be a step towards a possible ceasefire after 13 months of brutal war, a spokesperson for the Tigrayan forces announced. “We trust that our bold act of withdrawal will be a decisive opening for peace,” wrote Debretsion Gebremichael, the chief of the Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Indian Forces Martyred 922 Children in IIOJK Over 36 Years

A Kashmir Media Service report released on World Children’s Day revealed that…

Iran state TV says European countries in talks with Tehran for Hormuz transit 

Iranian state television said on Saturday that European countries had been in…

Greta Thunberg leads pro-Palestinian, climate protest in Milan

Swedish activist Greta Thunberg attended a climate change and pro-Palestinian rally in…

Punjab forensic lab, Nadra ‘link’ KP CM Afridi to May 9 video

Fresh controversy erupted in the May 9 case after reports from the…