Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah said on Wednesday that police personnel involved in baton-charging the participants of Aurat March in Islamabad had been suspended. In a tweet, the minister said “other persons responsible for misbehavior” were also being identified and proper action would also be taken against them. In an earlier tweet, he had vowed that “strict legal action” would be pursued against those responsible for the “mistreatment” of citizens participating in the march.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

PTI’s White Paper just hue and cry of a ‘plunderer’: Sherry Rehman

Islamabad: Federal Minister for Climate Change Sherry Rehman called the white paper…

PPP bags two Senate seats from Sindh in by election

People’s Party’s Aslam Abro and Jam Saifullah on Thursday returned elected on…

Belarus migrant crisis: New EU sanctions being called by Germany

In the midst of an escalating migrant crisis at the Polish-Belarusian border,…

Over 10 ministers expected to take oath in first phase

According to reports, PPP co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari asked Prime Minister Shehbaz…