Israel’s Defence Minister Israel Katz on Friday ordered the military to seize further land in the Gaza Strip until Hamas agrees to release all hostages and leave the territory. The war on Gaza resumed early on Tuesday with an Israeli bombardment that killed hundreds of Palestinians, shattering a ceasefire deal with Hamas. US President Donald Trump’s government expressed full support for the renewed offensive, after last month suggesting that Gaza’s two million Palestinians be resettled in other countries. The first phase of the ceasefire was enacted on January 19, but expired on March 1 when the parties could not agree on a way forward.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Israel accuses int’l community of ‘hypocrisy’ over Gaza

Israel’s UN ambassador Danny Danon on Tuesday asserted that the global community…

Israel raids Syria and strikes Lebanon, marking new violation of sovereignty 

Israeli forces have raided the Yarmouk Basin in Syria’s southern Daraa province,…

Gaza civil defence says 90 killed in Israeli strike on school

Gaza’s civil defence agency said Saturday at least 90 people were killed…

US House votes to expand definition of anti-Semitism

US politicians voted Wednesday to expand the legal definition of anti-Semitism used…